Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Getting My Shhhhh-- Together

So, 2013 has been so good to me so far.  My job and school are going great but aren't leaving me with much free time.  I really shouldn't be blogging, but I need to organize my thoughts.  And that is what I need a lot of right now: organization and planning.  I already write menus for the week's dinner and I carry a small notebook and pen everywhere with me so I can take notes at any time.  I've been getting a lot done even with my schedule, but I feel I can do better, especially on the eating right and exercising front.  

So here is where I tell myself to buckle down and get my shit together!

I really want to join a Cross Fit gym, but at $150 a month I can't justify it right now.  Also, I don't have the greatest reputation of motivating myself to exercise.  So, right now I'm not going to ask myself to push myself through a grueling workout (I miss them, but I don't push myself hard enough) I'm just going to ask myself to get up in the morning and spend some time with the kids and go for a walk, and not take the easy way.  I've gotten used to the physical demands of my new job and I know I need to do something more than walk, but right now I am using that time as a place holder; telling myself that this is physical time, so that some day in the near future I will fill that time in with something even more physically demanding.

As far as the eating goes...I've really got to cut out all these damn processed foods.  Lunch breaks from both jobs are killing me.  I cook breakfast and dinner and the last thing I want to do is rush home on my lunch break and cook.  Plus, Cinepolis used to provide employee lunches...USED to, so though it kind of blows financially, I really needed to stop having my quesadilla special: chicken and bacon cheese quesadilla with Sriracha and nacho cheese. I really just need to suck it up and prepare lunches if that's what it takes.  I also need to try more Paleo hacks on foods and stop thinking I'm gonna do a Whole30 any time soon because between work and school and the chef's rule of "always taste what you cook before you send it out," it's not happening.

Anyway...one way to get better organized: weekly goals!

-make a list of things to get done around the place and delegate!
-wake up at 6...though I'm not sure it will work on days after I close at Cinepolis, but I'm sure gonna try
-write a budget based on my paychecks this week 
-take my vitamins and supplements
-read 20% more of my book
-play some Suikoden
-work on Grant's rag quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment