Friday, January 11, 2013

The Year of My Personal Legend

Happy new year!  So far this year has been good to me.  Just before we ran out of money I got that long sought after second job in a kitchen.  It's been less than a week but so far I love it.  I feel like it's what I have always been meant to do.  Thus I have started The Year of My Personal Legend!  (Yes I did just finish reading The Alchemist)  I have even heeded to an "omen" already this year: I was going to buy some quilting equipment because JoAnn had them 40% off plus a 25% off coupon.  Well, the night before I had a dream of a madman shooting up the store and while I didn't think that would have happened in exactly that way, I decided I really shouldn't spend money I didn't have on something I didn't need, just really really wanted. 

In addition to following omens is listening to my heart.  I feel it's been wrong in the past but with out it, I guess I wouldn't have G1, so there's that.  It just made me take the difficult route and knew, better than I did, that I needed G1 because he is in fact a huge motivator in my life.

On the path to my Personal Legend I am hoping to gain better health so I can do more things with the boys and not be so embarrassed at my appearance or lack of ability (which working in the kitchen is helping; it's very physical work, more so than at school), wealth so I can, again, do more things with the boys, even free things take SOME money, like for gas (second job=more money), and knowledge (still going to school AND new job are valuable for that).

I know I won't have much free time between work, school and kids but here's to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013! 

1 comment: