Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 28, 2011

School Daze

I so have not been motivated to stitch after that whole fiasco with the Ranma pattern and I am STILL taking stitches out. I guess it's alright for now since school started and I'm super motivated this semester. The days are long, longer than work days actually but they don't feel like it. It's probably because am having so much fun in the lab! On Tuesday I got to prepare pizza crusts for the cafeteria, made a California quiche for our lunch and prepared about 20 pie crusts. Plus, I get to watch guys cook, bake and clean in the kitchen...*swoon*

Oh yeah, we get fed on lab days!! Some of what we are working on in lab that morning gets served as lunch. Monday was tri-tip, roasted potatoes, biscuits, mushroom pizza, steamed vegetables, minestrone soup and red velvet cupcakes. Tuesday was slow cooked pork ribs, California quiche, dinner rolls, mac and cheese and steamed vegetables.


Oh, and one more thing, tomorrow I get my knives!! This is the style I went with: San Mortiz Elite. I'm glad I don't take after my mom and cut myself easily (I burn myself, lol) because I am told that these knives are so sharp when I get them they will cut me by looking at them *gulp*

So far everyone is so nice and supportive and patient. I can't wait to learn lots more and master all the kitchen tools. I am an ace in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment