Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekly Goals June 3 - June 10

Another week come and gone.  It was a short week, but it was busy and productive.  We had our awards night for the daycare and G1 had his school carnival.  I wasn't very excited about going to the carnival but we got dropped off so we didn't have to worry about parking and once G2 started fussing and I sat down with him, G1 went along his merry way and got his fill of blowup slides.  I was very proud at how good G1 was about checking in periodically.

Anywho...my week went well, goal-wise as well.  I ate really clean this week so I homemade a treat.  I know it was supposed to be homemade oreos, but I had some whipping cream that needed to be used so I made Pocky ice cream instead!  It was sooooo delicious!  I forget how easy homemade ice cream can be, I will be making more this summer, that is for certain.  I still have not finished the book-grrrr.  I don't know why it takes me so long to finish a Redwall book.  One reason, though, is I do not get very far when reading before bed.  I really want to get onto another book.  Lined up are the Vaginal Fantasy book Kushiel's Dart, and the Geek Mom's Book Club selection of Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir).  I should have the book done this week!  I did get the crib sheets done, yay!  It obviously means I got my sewing machine (yes, I did and I love it!) G2 now has 5 colorful and soft sheets for his bed.  Sooooo much cheaper than the $15 they want for each one in the store AND those are not colorful with playful designs.  I don't even think I paid $15 for the materials and there is NO way labor costs could justify that kind of price, they're so easy!  I also got some work done on G1's sweater.  If I had known it was going to take me so long I would have just made it a birthday present.  Annnnd, that leaves the flowers.  I got a box for all that.  Ralph's had some sterilite containers half off so I grabbed a couple.  That means 4 out of 5 goals met this week!  I did some painting with G1 which was not a part of a specific goal for the week, but I am trying to something crafty with him every week.

Now on to new goals:

1) Continue to eat clean this week.  It's not that hard to do as long as I'm mindful and prepared.  If I eat clean this week I will reward myself with...

2) Homemade oreos!  As long as nothing else needs to get used from the fridge this will happen this weekend.  I will also be helping out at the VCDD double header this Saturday and either plan on having In-N-Out or a beer, depending on where I end up post-game.

3) Finish the one book and depending on when that happens, seeing how much of the next one I can get through.

4) Go through my miscellaneous box.  This was supposed to be for mending and then it just became a catch-all for crafty things that don't have a home.  I'm pretty sure I can find a home for most of them.  I have wanted that box gone for some time now.  And now is the time.

5) Made a car seat organizer.  Why?  When I think about it I'm not too certain why, because I know G1 is just going to stuff things in it and not keep it clean.  So I try not to think about it and just get it done and deal with the consequences later.  I'm hoping to at least get it cut out and the lining attached by the end of the week.

Possible road bumps in my brilliant plans:

Thursday: G1's last day of school and it's half day.  I plan on taking him out for a treat.  It will be after his lunch but about the time I usually eat so I have to plan to either take him to a place I can eat lunch at or eat lunch before I get him.  I think the former is a better idea because I won't just be watching him eat.

Friday:  I work in the afternoon.  It may put a damper on my plans to make dinner.  I'm planning on making skewers so I can prep them and put them in the refrigerator before going.  That way all I have to do is turn on the grill and cook them and slice up a fruit.

Saturday:  Derby game.  I'm pretty well prepared for after the game.  Depending on who is also there I may want to get a beer, otherwise I'll just pick up In-N-Out on the way home.

Well, that's my week.  I think my shoulder is well so I can go back to working out.  I have until Wednesday to find out.  I'm hoping so!  

Time for Game of Thrones!  What will I do until season 3 starts? *sob*

No comments:

Post a Comment